It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to the restaurant company or a seasoned veteran of the trade; having the best restaurant item list is essential to the success of your business. It can be confusing to go through all the available options and decide which items are actually important to make a quick buck. So, we compiled a complete list of tools and supplies for restaurants.
Making the proper decision is crucial because buying commercial restaurant equipment is an expensive investment. The following items are the essentials for a restaurant.
One of the most important appliances in any commercial kitchen is the oven. We’ll go over a couple of different kinds of ovens now.
- Normal (Radiant)
When shopping for an oven, it’s important to think about the kinds of meals you’ll be making the most. A rotisserie oven is a good investment if you plan to offer a lot of meat meals.
2. Cooktops and ventilation
Once again, the type of food you serve will influence the appliances you choose from the long list of restaurant necessities.
- Induction: When compared to traditional gas stoves, induction ovens allow for more gentle cooking. It allows you to perfectly prepare a wider range of foods.
- Gas: Because of the accuracy and reliability that gas stoves provide, few chefs choose them. Furthermore, it can cook food more quickly than an electric stove.
- Electric: The least expensive choice, electric stoves are simple to set up, provide regular heating, and reduce the risk of a hugely damaging gas leak in your restaurant.
3. Food processors
One piece of equipment can be used for a variety of kitchen tasks at a restaurant, including slicing, chopping, grinding, pureeing, grating, and dicing. The four most popular kinds of food processors are listed below:
- Batch bowl: Choose the Batch Bowl whenever you only need to prepare a small quantity of processed food.
- Continuous feed: If you need to handle a large quantity of food, the Continuous Feed mode is a fantastic choice.
- Combination: Provides you with the option to prepare ingredients into a single batch of food or to distribute them constantly via a chute.
- Buffalo Chopper: Useful for chopping up a lot of meat or vegetables.
A professional blender is another essential equipment if your restaurant serves baked goods. A floor-standing mixer, which can contain anywhere from 20 to 60 quarts of dough, is definitely the best option here. But a countertop blender might be your best bet if you’re working with limited square footage.
If you are producing charcuterie boards like there is no tomorrow, you will need to invest in electric slicing to save time for your staff. A manual slicer is more expensive if you just need to slice food sometimes (for example, to decorate your sweets with fruit).
6. Stone Sharpening
A good set of knives is essential to any kitchen, so don’t forget to include them when stocking your restaurant. Investing in a high-quality sharpening stone helps extend the life of your knives and prevents the mishaps that can occur with rough blades.