Double door fridges these days offer you considerably more features than just the convenience of two doors and a separate freezer compartment. As refrigeration technology progresses at knots, new fridges come with innovations that provide high value for money for users.
If you plan to buy a double door fridge anytime soon, here is a blog that will help you familiarize yourself will all the specifications you need to look out for in your chosen appliance. Here are 5 important points to remember when looking for the best double door fridge price:
- Different styles of refrigerators
- These conventional refrigerators are great for storing a lot of food in a small space.
- They have the most internal space in relation to their size.
- The fridges come with capacities ideal for individuals or small families.
- Affordable appliances for users on a tight budget.
- The average usable area of these fridges is comparatively lesser than top-freezer fridges, with widths ranging from 24 inches to 36 inches.
- The freezer is located in the lower third of the fridge, right at the bottom.
- Ideal for mid-size families.
- These appliances come with ice and water dispensers, with the fridge on one side and the freezer on the other side.
- Larger in size and consumes more electricity.
- With widths ranging from 33 to 36 inches, they’re said to offer a storage capacity of up to 28 cubic feet.
- Alluring designs and appealing aesthetics.
- Ideal for large families and commercial establishments.
- Energy ratings
Appliances are awarded EER (Energy Efficiency Ratings) or star ratings to indicate their energy efficiency. A higher EEE rating means that the appliance consumes less power. You might want to check how much electricity your selected fridge will consume over one year. To establish the authenticity of the EER tag, search for the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) label, which is blue and green. Star ratings are awarded from 1-star to 5-star, with 5-star appliances being the most energy-efficient.
- Compressor Technology
The compressor is the heart of your refrigerator. A compressor is responsible for maintaining a cool temperature within the fridge. Smaller and budget-friendly refrigerators are fitted with conventional compressors, while medium and bigger double door fridges typically come with inverter compressors. Inverter compressor technology provides powerful cooling and is economical as it consumes less power. Let us take a look at the different two types of compressors available.
- These compressors operate at high speed for uniform cooling. They operate at a continuously high pace and turn off only when optimum cooling is achieved. This is why your double door fridge makes a ‘click’ sound now and again.
- Inverter compressors are versatile by nature, allowing them to run at different rates depending on the amount of cooling necessary. They begin at a slow speed and only increase the pace when there is a loss of cooling. As a result, they are more energy-efficient.
- Frost-Free refrigerator
Most double door fridges nowadays are frost-free. This technology comes with electric fans that circulate cool air evenly to all corners of the refrigerator. This prevents a build-up of ice outside the freezer and enhances the cooling efficiency of your refrigerator. These fridges also come with Auto Defrost technology, which excels at maintaining a steady temperature. Your double door fridge price will be slightly higher if you opt for a frost-free model.
A refrigerator’s capacity is measured in litres. This determines how much food material and beverages you can store in your refrigerator. Here are some things to bear in mind when looking for an ideal sized double door fridge for your family:
- A 150-litre to 250-litre refrigerator should be enough for single people or a couple with one child.
- You might wish to go for a 250-litre to 400-litre capacity double door fridge if you have a larger family of up to four or five individuals.
- For a family of more than five members, larger models with capacities of 500 litres will be sufficient.
- Also, look for convertible fridge/freezer options and adjustable shelves.
- The larger the appliance, the higher the double door fridge price.
Don’t forget to use the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card to shop for the best double door fridge in India.
You can also get the most affordable double door fridge price in India on No Cost EMI on the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store.
The practical way of purchasing the best double door fridge in India
The Bajaj Finserv EMI Store is the ultimate shopping platform for all kinds of online purchases. New and registered EMI Network Card users can buy the best double door fridges in a hassle-free manner on No Cost EMIs. The EMI Network Card is a unique digital card that offers a pre-approved loan limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh and enables you to purchase your preferred product without the compulsion of clearing the total product price at once.
Buying a double door fridge is a decision you cannot take lightly, especially given the wide range of options available in the Indian market. We suggest you jot down your needs and carefully go through the features you want in your desired appliance. Here is a guide that gives you five important points to remember before buying a double door fridge. Go through this article to get a better idea of what to expect in your refrigerator. Bear in mind that the more features you pick, the higher your double door fridge price is likely to be.